ProgramPage address: http://cset.mnsu.edu/cm/program/
The mission of the Construction Management program is to advance world-class project management for the built environment through effective teaching, research, and service.
The Construction Management program will provide quality undergraduate and graduate programs that foster student learning through a wide variety of instructional applications. This will be accomplished by the following goals:
- Curriculum: Offer globally competitive, technologically current programs that are recognized and respected for preparing students to enter the workforce.
- Advising: Provide effective academic and career advising to foster a commitment to life-long learning.
- Student Activity: Involve students in industry-sponsored events to facilitate students' professional development prior to graduation.
- Faculty Development: Provide opportunities that enhance professional growth, provide expertise to industry and government partners and promote active learning for faculty and students.
- External Support: Maintain a stable and effective Advisory Board to provide industry perspective and financial support to faculty and to grant students scholarships and job opportunities.
- Assessment & Planning: Implement planning and assessment methods that anticipate program needs to maximize available resources in support of our mission and goals.
Program Learning Outcomes PLOs
After graduation from Construction Management Program, a graduate shall be able to:
|1||Create written communications appropriate to the constuction discipline|
|2||Create oral presentations appropriate to the construction discipline|
|3||Create a construction project safety plan|
|4||Create construction project cost estimates|
|5||Create construction project schedules|
|6||Analyze professional decisions based on ethical principles|
|7||Analyze construction documents for planning and management of construction processes|
|8||Analyze methods, materials, and equipment used to construct projects|
|9||Apply construction management skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team|
|10||Apply electronic-based technology to manage the construction process|
|11||Apply basic survey techniques for construction layout and control|
|12||Understand different methods of project delivery and the roles and responsibilities of all constituencies involved in the design and construction process|
|13||Understand construction risk management|
|14||Understand construction accounting and cost control|
|15||Understand construction quality assurance and control|
|16||Understand construction project control and processes|
|17||Understand the legal implications of contract, common, and regulatory law to manage a construction project|
|18||Understand the basic principles of sustainable construction|
|19||Understand the basic principles of structual behavior|
|20||Understand the basic principles of mechanical, electrical, and piping systems|