Let us remember, we as teachers educate technologists to use and improve existing technology and engineers who design and research new concepts.
|Priority 1 - The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Technology will enhance programmatic needs of students and involve students and faculty in research and scholarship.
- We will review and refine as appropriate course outcomes for each of the departmental courses taught this year to support our ABET accreditation activities.
- We will revise course student opinion surveys and will provide these online for each department course to assist in curriculum refinement and accreditation requirements.
- We will work to increase faculty and student involvement in the Center for Pervasive Computing and Communication and will actively support the 3rd annual center meeting.
- We will work to increase research activities in the Force Science Research Center.
- We will continue working with industry in evaluating curriculum, exploring internship possibilities, and applied research opportunities.
|Priority 2 - The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Technology will promote diversity and multidisciplinary activities.
- We will continue to require student design activities that are multidisciplinary and meet the requirements of our accreditation agencies.
- We will continue to recruit and provide materials to a diverse population.
- We will continue to recruitment efforts of both traditional and non-traditional students
|Priority 3 - The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Technology will strive to enhance distance learning.
- We will review our course offerings and determine if any of them could be modified with appropriate support into a more distance friendly format - or to support asynchronous course delivery.
- We will evaluate the success of a distance friendly course format for on campus delivery.
- We will continue working with companies to explore the possibility and feasibility of developing customized training or degree programs.
|Priority 4 - The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Technology will strive to enhance exposure of others to science engineering and technology
- We will continue outreach activities with community schools and programs.
- We will continue making available materials in electronic format to allow easy access to our materials to enhance exposure to issues and requirements of engineering and technology degrees.
- We will continue to provide departmental recruiting presentations to other programs.