FAQPage address: http://cset.mnsu.edu/ecet/faq.html
BS Engineering and Engineering Technology Curriculums
This page can be used to provide information for various proceedures, etc. that a student might need easy access to.
1) Students who have either declared a major or pre-major within the ECET department (including graduate students) should meet with their advisor at least once per semester. The department schedules advising sessions via sign-up once a semester. At these sessions, each student can receive some advise regarding their courses and receive an access code for registration.
MISSING THESE ADVISING SESSIONS MAY DELAY YOUR REGISTRATION OR KEEP YOU FROM GETTING INTO A NEEDED COURSE!!!
2) Contact Prof. Zhang regarding information on engineering technology curriculum credit for internships. All internships must relate to the degree program.
3) All pre-engineering courses (curriculum courses during the 1st and 2nd year) are required to be completed prior to taking 300- and 400-level courses in the engineering curriculum.
MS Engineering (MSE) and MS in Electrical Engineering
1) What is the GRE requirement?
International applicants and domestic applicants excluding alumni:
Old scale: quantitative reasoning concordance >= 700
New scale: quantitative reasoning concordance >= 155
No GRE is needed.
2) What is the TOEFL requirement?
Paper-based: >= 550
Internet-based: >= 79
Computer-based: >= 213
3) What are the minimum IELTS scores for replacing the TOEFL test?
Applicants from non English-speaking countries may also take IELTS test as a substitute for the TOEFL score. All four bands must be >= 6.5.
4) What is the GPA requirement?
International applicants: >= 3.00 (education credential verification required as suggested in our graduate college website)
Domestic applicants: >= 3.00 (must graduate from an ABET-accredited university)
5) What are the credit requirements to complete the MSE or MS in Electrical Engineering degrees at Minnesota State Univeristy, Mankato?
There are two options in the MSE and MS in Electrical Engineering programs:
First option: Thesis option.
Second option: Design project option.
Both options require 32 credits to graduate. All courses taken toward the degree must be at the 500- or 600-level. At least half of the credits must be at the 600-level (not including EE 699 - Thesis credits).
6) What is the cost of study for the MSE or MS in Electrical Engineering program at Minnesota State University, Mankato?
In 2012, the per credit cost for tuition plus fees is $380.89. Total tuition plus fee cost is between $12,188 to $12,950 for 32 to 34 credits.
Annual room and meals cost is $7368 in the university dormitory.
If you live at dormitory, the total cost of study to get an MS degree is between $27,686 and $27,686. The cost for living off-campus need not be much different.