Electronic Engineering TechnologyPage address: http://cset.mnsu.edu/ecet/programs/eet.html
Electronic Engineering Technology
Let us remember, we as teachers educate technologists to use and improve existing technology and engineers who design and research new concepts.
Accreditation: The Electronic Engineering Technology degree program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Electronic Engineering Technology is offered by the Electrical and Computer Engineering and Technology (ECET) Department.
Electronic Engineering Technology is a technological field requiring the application of scientific and engineering knowledge and methods, combined with technical skills, in support of engineering activities. An electronic engineering technologist is a person who is knowledgeable in electronics theory and design and who understands state-of-the-art practices on digital and analog circuits and systems. Computers, controls/ automation, robotics, instrumentation, and communications are just a few fields open to engineering technologists.
The ECET department strives to meet the needs of our constituents as we develop our educational programs. In designing our programs, we strive to meet the needs of:
- Both Public and Private sector employers
- Graduate and Professional Schools
- Professional Practice (Licensed Professional Engineers)
- Internship with Employers
Overall the program strives to prepare students for entry into the technical workforce with well developed skills. In particular, the department strives to ensure that its graduates have an ability to:
- Apply knowledge of science, mathematics, and engineering.
- Design, and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet specified needs.
- Function effectively in teams.
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively.
The Educational Objectives for our Bachelors Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology program are:
- Function as responsible members of society with an awareness of the social, ethical, and economic ramifications of their work.
- Become successful practitioners in electronic engineering technology and other diverse careers.
- Pursue continuing and life-long learning opportunities.
- Provide necessary skills to advance technically and/or managerially.
- Provide foundational education that allows for personal growth and flexibility through their career.
Engineering Technology is a field where applications of science and engineering knowledge and methods are combined with technical skills in an engineering environment. The Electronic Engineering Technology student/graduate:
- has an orientation toward laboratory technology skills, applications and hardware.
- understands present electronic technology such as computer and micro processor based systems, integrated circuit devices and other electronic components, telecommunications systems, and computer software as a part of electronic/computer systems.
- is an important member of the team consisting of scientists, engineers, technologists and technicians who translate basic scientific principles into electronic systems/devices. The technologists also work with other members of the team in the tasks required to take a new product from concept, through design, development, testing, production, sales, operations, and service.
The curriculum offers students the opportunity to emphasize a number of specialized areas including digital systems, wireless communications, controls, and material sciences.