ScholarshipsPage address: http://cset.mnsu.edu/sacc/scholarships/
Apply for CSET Scholarships
The application period for 2019-2020 scholarships is Feb 1- Feb 28, 2019.
The application process for the 2019-20 CSET scholarships will be completely online. Please read the information below carefully and complete all of the steps listed. Many of our scholarships are awarded based on GPA, major, and other information that you will provide in your General Application. Once you have completed the steps below, you will automatically be considered for these scholarships with no further action required from you. For other scholarships, you will need to provide additional information in order to apply.
- Take the process seriously. Many scholarships are based not just on your GPA, but on all of the other information you submit in your application, so answer the questions thoroughly and completely. For essay questions, you don't need to write a book, but you do need to write more than three or four sentences.
- You will need to provide two references as part of the application process. These references should be people who know you in an academic or professional context and should be CSET faculty or staff if possible. Before you even begin filling out the application, consider who you think could serve as a strong reference for you and ask those people for their permission. Provide them with your resume and any other information that may be helpful. Understand and respect the fact that some people may say "no," so consider alternative options.
- DO NOT wait until the last minute. The deadline is Thursday, FEBRUARY 28, 2019.
If you have questions, stop by the CSET Advising Center or call us at 507-389-1521.
1. Go to www.mnsu.edu/scholarshipfinder.
2. Click the “Sign In” button in the top right corner.
3. Sign in using your Star ID and password.
4. Complete the General Application. Be sure to answer all questions carefully and completely. If you applied for scholarships last year, your General Application answers should carry forward. Review your previous answers and update as needed. Click the “Finish and Continue” button when you are done.
5. Complete the CSET Application. In this application, you will identify your references. Be sure to spell their names and email addresses correctly. If you have not already done so, you MUST speak with your references ahead of time and get their permission before submitting their names. Click the “Finish and Continue” button when you are done.
6. By completing the General and CSET applications, you will be automatically considered for the majority of available awards. However, some awards require additional applications. Hover your mouse over the “Opportunities” button on the top toolbar and click “Recommended”. Then browse your list of recommended opportunities and apply to any for which you wish to be considered.
7. If you are a Civil Engineering or Construction Managementmajor, you should see an application for your department in your list of recommended opportunities. You MUSTcomplete this application in order to be considered for any of your department awards.