Chiropractors focus on disorders of the muscular, nervous, and skeletal systems, and how these affect your overall health. Chiropractors take a natural, preventative approach to health care without the use of drugs or surgery.
First Year Advisor: CSET Advising Center
Office: 125 Trafton Center
Required General Education 33 credits
- CMST 102 - Public Speaking (3)
- ENG 101 - Composition (4)
- MATH 112 - College Algebra (4)*
- MATH 113 - Trigonometry (3)*
- PSYC 101 - Introduction to Psychological Science (4)
- An additional 15 elective credits from Humanities or Social Sciences
* - There are no specific requirements for mathematics in the Pre-Chiropractic Advising Track;
however, math is a prerequisite for courses in chemistry and physics.
Recommended Support Course (3 credits)
- HLTH 321 - Medical Terminology
Required for Advising Track (Core, 34-35 credits)
- BIOL 105 - General Biology I (4)
- BIOL 106 - General Biology II (4)
- CHEM 201 - General Chemistry I (5)
- CHEM 202 - General Chemistry II (5)
- PHYS 211 - Principles of Physics I (4)
- PHYS 212 - Principles of Physics II (4) OR
- HP 348 - Structural Kinesiology and Biomechanics (3)
Required Electives (16 credits)
A minimum of 90 hours are required prior to applying to chiropractic school. The student should consult with the pre-chiropractic advisor in selecting the remaining 20 elective credits. Many students choose to complete a Bachelors degree prior to applying for chiropractic school.
This Advising Track meets the requirements for admission to most chiropractic schools. Students in the pre-chiropractic Advising Track should regularly consult with the pre-chiropractic advisor, since admission requirements are subject to change.