Thesis/Alternate Plan Paper
The required experiential component of MS MET degree is an Alternate Plan Paper (APP) or a Thesis under the supervision of a faculty member.
The experience is intended to place the student in a real-world work or research environment requiring them to work to solve a technical problem.
Students must form a committee of 3 faculty members for the Thesis/APP, at least 2 of them must be from AMET department. Student must also defend their work in front of the committee by making a presentation before graduating.
Some Thesis/APP completed in the Past years
- Binder Jet Additive Manufacturing of Cobalt Chrome – Tri Calcium Phosphate Biocomposite
- Developing a testing instrument to evaluate the performance of 3D printed body powered prosthetic hands
- Managing variability in Assembly Lines
- Inspection process flow development for a warehouse
- Manufacturing a composite wheel prototype using 3D printed molds
- Design of Experimentation for Paint process for improvement in custom job shop
- Lean Thinking for Process Improvement in Low Volume/High Complexity industries
- Study of Waste in a Can Meat Industry Using Value Stream Mapping and Its Application
- Process Parameter Optimization with Numerical modeling and experimentation design of Binder Jet Additive Manufacturing
- Effect of process parameters on mechanical properties of additively manufactured fiberglass nylon composites
- Implementation of Kaizen at a Hearing Aid Manufacturer
- Process improvement by lean thinking in trucking industry
- Binder Jet Additive Manufacturing of Stainless Steel-Hydroxyapatite Bio-composite
- The Effects of Layer Thickness on Dry-Sliding Wear of Binder Jet Additively Manufactured Stainless Steel and Bronze Composite
- Effect of process parameters on mechanical properties of additive manufactured parts