About The Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering & Technology
State-of-art lab facilities e.g. 50 GHz vector network analyzer, 40 GHz spherical near-field scanner and clean room, which reflects the latest technology trends in industry.
Small size class teaching environment with all classes taught by professors.
Comprehensive theoretical investigation and practical hands-on learning experience e.g. modeling, simulation, and experimentation, to well prepare students for future career.
On-going world changing research in different fields including Communications, 5G Wireless Networks, Internet of Things (IoT), Renewable Energy, Semiconductor IC Fabrication, Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning, Robotics/Automation etc.
Over two million grants in research grants and equipment acquisition in recent years.
High impact research publications by students and faculties on top ranked journals including IEEE Transactions in 7 different areas.
Student’s life and future career
Graduates are hired by leading companies and US government agency such as IBM, Apple, Northrop Grumman, Honeywell Aerospace, NASA, Qualcomm, Samsung, Seagate, Medtronics etc.
Numerous Internship opportunities in the twin cities and south Minnesota regions.
Undergraduate with good academic standing can be admitted to the five-year BS/MS combined program directly after the junior year.
Student organizations such as IEEE, Society of Women in Engineering (SWE), and Learning Communities to develop student’s leadership.
A good hint about ECET research areas via some of our publication venues and products during 2018-2021
- IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation (2 publications)
- IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking (2)
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (1)
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal (3)
- IEEE Photonics Technology Letters (2)
- IEEE Open Journal of Vehicular Technology (1)
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (1)
- IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics (1)
- IEEE Antenna and Wireless propagation letters (1)
- IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine (2)
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications (2)
- Proceedings of the IEEE (1)
- IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology (3)
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (1)
- IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications (2)
- IEEE Network Magazine (1)