Page address: https://cset.mnsu.edu/mece/ce/Program/objectivesoutcomes.html
- Pursue leadership positions and advanced responsibilities in their profession and/or community.
- Become a licensed professional engineer, mindful of the safety, health, and welfare of the public.
- Further their education through professional development and/or post-graduate studies.
- Senior students work together as a design team in a full academic year course incorporating multiple civil engineering disciplines in a comprehensive design project.
- Students work closely with engineers from design firms and government agencies, and with faculty and students from other engineering courses in the senior design project.
- Students take the Fundamentals of Engineering exam in their senior year - the first step towards professional registration.
- The flexible curriculum allows the students to have either a diverse or focused civil engineering study.
- The faculty maintains ties to industry, keeping current with new technologies, design methodologies, and the world of civil engineering practice - a valuable resource for students.
(1) An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
(2) An ability to apply the engineering design process to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration for public health and safety, and global, cultural, social, environmental, economic, and other factors as appropriate to the discipline.
(3) An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
(4) An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
(5) An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
(6) An ability to recognize the ongoing need to acquire new knowledge, to choose appropriate learning strategies, and to apply this knowledge.
(7) An ability to function effectively as a member or leader of a team that establishes goals, plans tasks, meets deadlines, and creates a collaborative and inclusive environment.