Dr. Gary Mead, Department Chair, Professor
PhD | Faculty
- PhD in Education, Capella University, MN, USA, 2008
- MS in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Minnesota State University Mankato, MN, USA, 2000
- BS in Automotive Engineering Technology, Minnesota State University Mankato, MN, USA, 1999
Mead, G., & Kariyawasan, C. Enhanced Handheld Ethanol Engine Study, 2017
Mead, G., & Olmstead, J. Small Engines Storage Study Final Report, 2016
Mead, G., & Jones, B. Expanded Storage Study Final Report, 2016
Mead, G., & Jones, B. Enhanced Handheld Engine Ethanol Test Final Report, 2016
Mead, G., Olmstead, et al. Presentation SNRE Ethanol Research, Expanded Uses of Ethanol, University of Minnesota, June 2014.
Mead, G., & Reek, C. Briggs & Stratton 5.25 Redo Final Report, 2014.
Mead, G., & Krahn, P. Performance Testing of Ethanol Blends in 300 Hour, 4-Stroke Leaf Blowers, 2013.
Mead, G., Jones, B., Steevens, P., Hanson, N., & Harrenstein, J. An Examination of Fuel Pumps and Sending Units During a 4000 Hour Endurance Test in E20, 2009.
Jones, B., Mead, G., Steevens, P., & Timanus, M. The Effects of E20 on Metals Used in Automotive Fuel System Components, 2008.
Jones, B., Mead, G., & Steevens, P. The Effects of E20 on Plastic Automotive Fuel System Components, 2008.
Jones, B., Mead, G., Steevens, P., & Connors, C. The Effects of E20 on Elastomers Used in Automotive Fuel System Components, 2008.
Mead, G., Jones, B., Steevens, P., Hanson, N., Devens, T., Rohde, C., & Larson, A. The Effects of E20 on Automotive Fuel Pumps and Sending Units, 2008.
- AERA Engine Builder Association - Certified Engine Machinist and Cylinder Head Machinist
National Institute for Automotive Service Excellent, NIASE
- Machine Programming Technician - Anertec Corporation, Owatonna, MN
- Automotive Diagnostic Software Test Technician - SPX Corporation, Owatonna, MN
- Electrical Technician - D and M Electric, Good Thunder, MN
- CNC Operations Manager - Fab Shop by Cambria, St. Peter, MN
- Machine Tool Operator - Winco, LeCenter, MN
- CNC Lathe Operator - Mico Incorporated, North Mankato, MN
- Mechanical Assembler - FMC Corporation, Orlando, FL
AET 102 - Introduction to Automotive Engineering Technology
AET 160 - Automotive Technology & Systems
AET 261 - Automotive Driveability and Diagnosis
AET 262 - Automotive Computers and Electronics
AET 366 - Automotive Thermodynamics and Engine Design
AET 387 - Junior Design Project
AET 435 - Vehicle Design and Construction
AET 465 - Automotive Laboratory Experience
AET 488W - Senior Design Project 1
AET 489W - Senior Design Project 2
AET 637 - Automotive Emission Design and Measurement
AET 661 - Automotive Experimental Research 1
AET 662 - Automotive Experimental Research 2
- Small Engine Emissions Testing Dyno Development
- FSAE Chassis Design, Development and Testing
- Engineering and Technology Education
- Small Engine Ethanol Study, BR600s
- Seasonal Storage Issues of Intermediate Ethanol Blends
- Briggs 7 Stratton 5.25 Redo
- Intermediate Ethanol Blends in Small Engines
- Durability and Emissions of Two and Four Stroke Small Engines Running on Intermediate Ethanol Blends
- Aftermarket E85 Conversions Using the MegaSquirt ECM
- E20 Fuel Pump Endurance and Compatibility
- The Effects of Bio-Gas on Engine Life
- ATV E20 Emissions and Drivability
- E20 Fuel System Materials Compatibility Study (Plastics and Elastomers)
- E20 Metal Corrosion Study
- Emission Characteristics of Ethanol Bio-Diesel Fuels
- Miscellaneous Fuel Savings and Emissions Reduction Devices
- Reduction of Catalytic Converter Efficiency due to Sulfur in Fuels