Dr. Fatih Bektas, Assistant Professor
PhD | Faculty
- PhD, Civil Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, 2007
- MS, Civil Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Turkey, 2002
- BS, Civil Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Turkey, 1999
- ME 212—Statics
- CIVE 235—Properties of Civil Engineering Materials
- CIVE 435—Civil Engineering Experimentation
- CIVE 461—Fundamentals of Pavement Design
Characterization of PCC materials; alkali-silica reaction; aggregate durability; deicer scaling; recycled aggregate; ternary mix concrete; natural pozzolan; roller compacted concrete; pavement surface condition evaluation; pavement/asset management
- Bektas F, Wang X. (2017). Effectiveness of ternary blends in mitigating ASR demonstrated on modified mortar-bar test, Journal of Testing and Evaluation 45, 1-8.
- Bektas F (2016). Alternative specimens for testing concrete strength, ACI Materials Journal 113, 113-119.
- Bektas F, Smadi O, Nlenanya I (2015). Pavement condition: a new approach for the Iowa DOT, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board 2523, 40–46.
- Bektas F, Wang X. Statistical mixture design of ternary blends for controlling ASR, Magazine of Concrete Research 67, 63–70.
- Bektas F, Aldemir Bektas B (2014). Analyzing mix parameters in ASR concrete using response surface methodology, Construction and Building Materials 66, 299–305.
- Bektas F (2014). Alkali reactivity of recycled clay brick aggregate, Construction and Building Materials 52, 79–85.
- Yurdakul E, Taylor P, Ceylan H, Bektas F (2014). Effect of water-to-binder ratio, air content, and type of cementitious materials on fresh and hardened properties of binary and ternary blended concrete, ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering 26(6), DOI 04014002.