The Pre-Mortuary Science Advising Track has been designed to meet the transfer requirements of the University of Minnesota's Mortuary Science Program. Completion of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum or the Associates of Arts Degree is recommended before students enroll in the Mortuary Science B.S. program at the University of Minnesota. The transfer program requires a total of 60 semester credits completed while maintaining a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. The courses listed below are specified by the University of Minnesota; additional courses should be selected with the help of an advisor.
The American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE) accredits Mortuary Science programs throughout the United States. Accredited programs are found on their website. Students interested in Mortuary Science are strongly encouraged to consult the Website to locate programs in their geographic area, and then to consult with an advisor at that institution in their first year.
CSET Advising Center
Courses Required for Advising Track:
- ACCT 200 - Financial Accounting (3)
- BIOL 220 - Human Anatomy (4)
- ENG 101 - Composition (4)
- BIOL 100 - Our Natural World (4) or
BIOL 105 - General Biology (4)
- CHEM 100 - Chemistry in Society (4) or
CHEM 111 - Chemistry of Life Processes (5) or
CHEM 201 - General Chemistry I(5)
- STAT 154 - Elementary Statistics (3) or
PSYC 201 - Statistics for Psychology (4)
- SOC 101 - Introduction to Sociology (3) or
SOC 101W - Introduction to Sociology, writing intensive (3)
- CMST 100 - Fundamentals of Communication (3) or
CMST 102 - Public Speaking (3)
Recommended for Advising Track:
- HLTH 101 - Health & the Environment (3)
- HLTH 321 - Medical Terminology (3)
Additional electives to meet the 60 credit transfer requirement.