Dr. Bruce Jones, Professor
PhD | Faculty
- PhD in Industrial, Technological and Occupational Education, University of Maryland/College Park, MD, 1989
- MS in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Mankato State University, MN, 1986
- BS in Industrial Arts/Technology Education, Mankato State University, MN, 1984
- Jones, B; Status of Ethanol Blended Gasoline. National Conference of State Legislatures upper Midwest Environmental Health Policy Summit, 8/1/2011, St. Paul, MN.
- Mead, G., Jones, B., Material Compatibility with 20% Ethanol. Emissions 2011, 6/14/2011, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Jones, B., Ethanol Blended Gasoline. The National Academies, 4/8/2010, St. Paul, MN.
- Mead, G., Jones, B., Steevens, P., Hanson, N., & Harrenstein, J. An Examination of Fuel Pumps and Sending Units During a 4000 Hour Endurance Test in E20, 2009.
- Jones, B., Mead, G., Steevens, P., & Timanus, M. The Effects of E20 on Metals Used in Automotive Fuel System Components, 2008.
- Automotive Engineer - OTC Division/SPX Corporation, MN
- Test Technician - OTC, Owatonna, MN
HONORS and AWARDS
- Recipient of the Excellence in Contracts Award in 2008 and 2012 from the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Recipient of the College of Science, Engineering and Technology award for Excellence in Student Advising and Leadership, 2002
- Recipient of the Douglas Moore Faculty Research Lectureship, Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN. Alternative Fuels: The Future of the Automobile? Presentation given April 13, 1999
Dr. Jones is the former chairperson of the Automotive and Manufacturing Engineering Technology Department and the director of the Minnesota Center for Automotive Research (MnCAR). His interests are in the areas of hybrid electric vehicle, intermediate ethanol blended gasoline and the use of biogas in Diesel engines. He is also a member of the Minnesota Plug-In Hybrid Task Force, the Destination 2025 – Renewable Energy Analysis Team and the Underwriters Laboratory (UL) E85 Fuel Dispensing Pump Technical Panel.