Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
As an organization, our purposes are: (a) scientific and educational, directed toward the advancement of the theory and practice of electrical, electronics, communications and computer engineering, as well as computer science, the allied branches of engineering and the related arts and sciences; means to these ends include, but are not limited to, the holding of meetings for the presentation and discussion of professional papers, the publication and circulation of works of literature, science and art pertaining thereto and any other activities necessary, suitable and proper for the fulfillment of these objectives; (b) professional, directed toward the advancement of the standing of the members of the professions it serves; means to this end include, but are not limited to, the conduct and publication of surveys and reports on matters of professional concern to the members of such professions, collaboration with public bodies and with other societies for the benefit of the engineering professions as a whole and the general public, and the promotion of ethical conduct.
Interested in becoming a IEEE member?
When you become a member, you can:
• Join a community of over 420,000 technology and engineering professionals united by a common desire to continuously learn, interact, collaborate, and innovate
• Find the resources and opportunities you need to keep on top of changes in technology
• Network with other professionals in your local area or within a specific technical interest
• Mentor the next generation of engineers
• Access to IEEE hosted regional conferences
• Receive free printed/online IEEE publications
• Free personal business email account
• And so much more!
All for a low annual student fee of just $32!
We arrange company tours, faculty and company speakers, outdoor barbecues, tutoring, conference trips and many more events! We also have free food and pop at most, if not all events!