Biology MS Degree
The Biology M.S. program requires 30 graduate-level credits and the completion of research-based thesis. Graduate students work closely with a thesis advisor and thesis committee to complete their thesis research.
- Thesis based M.S. - 30 graduate-level credits required
Required Core (7 credits)
- BIOL 601 Biometrics (2 credits)
- BIOL 602 Research Methods/Proposal (2 credits)
- BIOL 695 Graduate Seminar (1 credit; 3 Seminar credits required)
Required Selected Topics (4 credits)
- BIOL 619 Selected Topics (2-3 credits)
- BIOL 606 Paradigms in Ecology (2 credits)
- BIOL 605 Ethical Issues in Biological Research (2 credits)
- ENVR 619 Selected Topics (2-3 credits)
Required Electives (13-22 credits)
- any 500- or 600-level Biology courses in consultation with your graduate advisor
- BIOL 699 Thesis (3-6 credits)
Note: At least one-half of the required graduate credits for the program must be at the 600-level, not including thesis credits. For example:
- The thesis track requires at least 12 credits of 600-level courses (not including BIOL 699).
- The alternate plan paper track requires at least 16 credit credits of 600-level courses (not including BIOL 694).