Dr. Bates's Selected Publications
- D. Wilson, R. Bates, E. Scott, S. Painter, J. Shaffer, “Differences in Self-Efficacy among Women and Minorities in STEM,” Journal of Women & Minorities in Science & Engineering, vol. 21, no. 1, 2015, pp. 27-45, DOI: 10.1615/JWomenMinorScienEng.2014005111.
- D. Wilson, D. Jones, J. Crawford, M.J. Kim, F. Bocell, N. Veilleux, T. Floyd-Smith, R. Bates, M. Plett, “Belonging and engagement among undergraduate STEM students: A multi-institutional study, Research in Higher Education, March 2015, DOI: 10.1007/s11162-015-9367x.
- D. Wilson, D. Jones, M. Kim, C. Allendoerfer, R. Bates, J. Crawford, T. Floyd-Smith, M. Plett, and N. Veilleux, “The Link between Cocurricular Activities and Academic Engagement in Engineering Education,” Journal of Engineering Education, Vol 103, No. 4, October 2014.
- C. Allendoerfer, D. Wilson, R. Bates, J. Crawford, D. Jones, T. Floyd-Smith, M. Plett, E. Scott, N. Veilleux, “Strategic pathways for success: The influence of outside community on academic engagement,” Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 101, No. 3, pp. 512-538, July 2012.
- R. Bates, M. Ostendorf, R. Wright, “Symbolic phonetic features for modeling of pronunciation variation,” Speech Communication, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 83-97, February 2007.
- J. Karlin, R. Bates, C. Allendoerfer, D. Ewert, R.Ulseth, Building Your Change Agent Tool-Kit: The Power of Story, Proc. 2018 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference.
- R. Bates, E. Jones, A. Arnold, Career Arcs that Blend Industry, Government and Military Service with Faculty Experiences to Increase Diversity in the Engineering Professoriate, Proc. 2017 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference.
- R. Bates, C. Allendoerfer, R. Ulseth, B. Johnson, On the use of outcomes to connect students to an engineering identity, culture and community, Proc. 2016 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference.